SCHOOLIES AID TOUR - NEPALhumanitarian aid experience that will change your life forever
CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER
Didi Foundation Nepal needs you. Finish off all those years of study with your buddies and in November do something where you can feel like you are making a huge difference.
Why not head off to Nepal and the Himalayas where you as one person will change the life of someone or a community. Didi Foundation Nepal offers you opportunities to bring rays of sunshine into the lives of disadvantaged adults and children.
Your humanitarian aid experience
- Live with a local family who will really look after you
- Work in a school helping students practice English
- Help run computer classes
- Teach music, art and/or craft
- Play sport, teach how to play games like Scrabble
- Fine motor skill development with colouring-in
- General maintenance and gardening
- We like to utilise your skills because you can offer something
SCHOOLIES DIDI AID TOUR 2020
With Didi Foundation you will soak up the colourful atmosphere, visit famous Hindu and Buddhist temples and step inside the ancient city of Bhaktapur. In Kathmandu, you will be staying at our highly recommended hotel and be immersed in Nepali culture with your homestay experience. On the road the hotels are 2-3 stars but worth the sacrifice of style. The Didi Nepal team will be there to support you 24/7 and guide you through every step of the way.
As a team, you will be working alongside Didi Nepal and delivering aid work to highly disadvantaged schools. Our remote outreach schools will be the major highlight of your experience, where you will be absorbed into the lives of these amazing children and experience true rural community life.
Departs Sydney 26th November, 2019 (TBA)
Arrives Sydney: 9th December, 2019 (TBA)
Early Bird Cost: $1,450 AUD pp twin share
After 28th February: $1,500 AUD pp twin share
Fundraising target: $300 per person
Register your interest: https://goo.gl/forms/x03n16ZRv8DIJ6Ek2
- 3 nights in Kathmandu – walk the medieval streets and visit the ancient cities and temples
- Experience true Nepali lifestyle during your homestay
- Carry out aid work with the Didi Nepal team either at Didi HQ or at a school we support
- Travel east and deliver aid and work at our remote outreach programs in Ramechhap and Sindhuli
- Head down to Chitwan National Park for some R&R in the jungle
- Travel to Lakeside Pokhara and enjoy a cappuccino, do a day trek, white water rafting or paragliding
- Travel back to Kathmandu
- Airport pick up
- All accommodation -Twin Share
- All breakfasts, most meals
- Didi Nepal Team member as guide
- Mini van travel
- 24/7 support by Didi Foundation Nepal
- Flight to Kathmandu (approx. $750 – $1200)
- Single Supplement
- Entry into some sightseeing
- Some optional trekking costs
- Some meals
- Travel Insurance
- Visa on entry
- Spending money
- Extra refreshments
What impact will your fundraising have?
We know you are genuinely concerned about sustainability and its importance in a developing country and your huge desire to do good in the world.
With this in mind, Didi Foundation Nepal will work together with the Schoolies team and design a dedicated project for you. The 2019 ‘Beautiful Hearts Tour’ will be purchasing much needed equipment for Didi HQ such as, computers and sewing machines and creating a vegetable garden in a remote school and developing sporting programs …
We are about using your skills. What can you give? How can we use your skills?
As a team, you and Didi Nepal will work within our network to leave a positive footprint of sustainable growth which will assist in empowering those who are vulnerable in Nepal.
ONE PERSON CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Create a Future and Change a Destiny